Today is Thursday October 30th, the eve of Halloween. I don't have a costume yet although I plan on being a zombie and my wonderful wife plans on wearing a poodle skirt or something like that. I have always really liked Halloween because it ushers in a new crisp time of year. Fall is displaying its full array of colors and the air is cool and refreshing. It also means that the holiday season is coming up quickly which is my favorite time of the year.
For our Halloween decorations this year we have kept it pretty simple. We probably wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for the genius marketing strategy of Walgreens making us wait for ten to fifteen minutes while they fill a prescription, all the while we wander around the store convincing oursleves that we need to buy things. Well the strategy works and it worked well on us as we convinced ourselves we needed to buy some of the the decorations they had for Halloween. We ended up with some Halloween lights that we have strung up around our door and we also bought a creepy skull that we have lovingly named Elly after Keira's sister because they are both missing a tooth.
All in all, I think that this is going to be a great Halloween, its the first one that I actually get to spend with Keira!
-AM
No comments:
Post a Comment