Monday, October 19, 2009

Homecoming

Last week was Weber State University's homecoming. My wonderful husband decided to take me to the homecoming dance once he learned I had never gone to a homecoming or prom before. We started out by going to dinner at Joy Luck which was really tasty. I love Chinese food. Then we headed up to Weber for the dance. There are two parts to this dance. The part where we both felt dumb and awkward and totally out of place and the part where we were having so much fun. When we first got there all I saw was a bunch of, what looked like, high school kids dancing around and being...well, 18ish. We didn't dance much at first. All the DJ was playing was fast songs and I am totally awkward when it comes to dancing to fast songs. I am really awkward when it comes to dancing anyway but more so with fast songs. We mostly just sat out and watched other people look like dorks but then Adam had a brilliant idea. Nobody at that dance knew who we were and we were never going to see any of these people again (at least I wasn't) so why not act like dorks with them and have some fun. At first I was very skeptical. I had never danced to fast songs in public before and was very self-conscious about it but once Adam started hoping around like an idiot I started getting into it too. Let me tell you that that was the most fun I have ever had at a dance before. I think it helped that I was with my husband (not a random date) who I am totally comfortable with and I knew he wouldn't make fun of me or think I am weirder than I already am. So, once I came out of my comfort zone I had the time of my life at homecoming with my wonderful Adam.
I really don't know what face Adam is making but I was going for the awkward first date look. The, he's standing too close to me, oh my gosh he's touching my hand look.

No comments: