This post is long overdue but at least I'm finally posting something.
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays (next to Thanksgiving and Christmas). This 4th was another great holiday. Adam and I started out the weekend by both of us having the 3rd off. It was great to have an extra long weekend and just relax. My friend Alicia was in town and we decided to go to Dairy Queen for old times sake and get a chicken strip basket and blizzards. Mmmm, so good. She then beat me in every song we played on Guitar Hero (even though she says she hasn't been practicing). Adam and I got tickets to his years Northern Wasatch Parade of Homes. It's so much fun going around to all these houses and getting ideas for our dream house. Adam is really good and usually agrees with everything I like. Later our friends Kelly and Jake called and wanted to check out the concert Centerville City puts on on the 3rd of July. We went with them and wandered around looking at some booths and slightly listening to the band. We met Jake's sister near the port-a-potties and hung out around there for the rest of the time. Great spot to hang out. We then tried to go watch the Eaglewood fireworks but we were in the wrong spot and very far away when they started so we jumped in the car to try to get closer. We ended up just sitting in the car waiting in a huge line of cars but we were able to see the fireworks and it wasn't a bad show.
The next morning Adam and I woke up extra early to run in the Centerville 5k race. I am not a runner. I do not enjoy running. I had every intention of training all spring so I could be ready to run the race without dying. Well, I never felt like running when I got home from work so I ended up running like 5 times this spring for my training. Needless to say I did not do very well in the race but I did run the entire time and my time wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. I finished in time to watch Josh run his race. He did pretty good too. We then headed to my mom's house for the 2nd Annual Pancake Breakfast. She makes darn good pancakes.
Adam, me, Talena, and Elly decided we wanted to go to Idaho Falls to see the fireworks so after breakfast we headed up to Idaho to visit family. We arrived at my Grandma and Grandpa Born's house where they grilled some "bugers" for us. My grandma then slaughtered us all in a game of Tripoly as is the custom. It was great to spend some time with them! We then headed over to my cousin David's apartment to meet up with more family and try to find a spot to watch the fireworks. He and his wife live right next to the snake river where they shoot off the fireworks so we were able to park really close to where we eventually sat. The fireworks were pretty good and they played Talena's favorite patriotic songs "Coming to America" by Neil Diamond and "Proud to be an American" by somebody else. Talena was gracious enough to sing all the songs to us. After the fireworks we went back to David's apartment to wait for the traffic to die down. He gave us a tour of his very scary, very haunted basement. Really, it was very scary. Dark, old, dirty, stairs that lead to nowhere. There were a bunch of screaming people down there by the time we got to the back-back room. Luckily no one was captured by ghosts or homeless people.
We stayed at my Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey's that night and the next morning we went to my cousin Heidi's daughter's baby blessing. We then headed over to my Uncle Keith's house for some food. My Uncle Keith and Aunt Linda are remodeling their house and have asked me to draft the plans up. I got to see how everything was going and they asked me my option about everything they were thinking of doing. It was kind of fun to see it all.
It was a very full and fun 4th of July weekend.
1 comment:
We need to do Dairy Queen again soon!
Post a Comment